Thursday, May 1, 2014



It has been awhile since Translational Technologies has been an active blog.  I have just completed my EdD program with an emphasis in Education Technologies.    My goal is to ensure the blog remains active for the foreseeable future.    As a CTO at a research university I am interested in creating a seamless support system for students.  It became clear in my doctoral program that  many university IT decision makers do not understand the requirements of a mobile world where knowledge is available anywhere at any time.  I have often listened to individuals discuss how faculty have remained aloof to the changes of the past several decades.  I learned as a student this is also true of many IT departments.  It is not uncommon to find university IT departments using the same facilities and academic software designed to support higher education over a decade ago.   I hope to encourage a discussion of what is relevant to today’s student and what ecosystems can be created that encourage a seamless teaching and learning environment.   It is refreshing to be writing a blog again and not spending all my time focused on coursework and research.

No comments: